Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a Top Selling innovation in aesthetic medicine for treating the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance.
During this procedure, a “micro-pen” is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to naturally produce collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in improvement of the appearance of softer wrinkles, pock marks & scars, and over the next 4 weeks, helps shrink pores and improve skin tone & texture. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, creams and serums to help improve the appearance of the epidermal layer of the skin.
At Divinity, we use the SkinPen Precision System – the only Class II, FDA cleared microneedling device legally marketing in the U.S.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment at Divinity Med Spa:
- A plan for optimal results. Our Nurse Practitioner may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. We will likely apply a compounded topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, and in a few cases itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved quickly without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare. Our Esthetician will provide Skinfuse®LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Our Practitioners or Estheticians might recommend an aftercare regimen for best results.
For more information and pricing, schedule a Free Consultation and let’s see what MicroNeedling with SkinPen can do for you!